Recently we’ve got into a routine of roasting an organic chicken every few weeks to use the bones to make a soothing chicken bone broth!
Bone broth packed with nutrients and is collagen rich. Collagen is a key protein that makes up our bones, tendons, and skin, a really great way to help support our overall bodily structure including our gut! Bone broth is so beneficial in so many ways – if you want to know more check this out: https://draxe.com/bone-broth-fast/
Along with its generous goodness and nutritional support its super versatile – you can use it as a stock for any soup. One of our favourite ways to use the broth is with miso. Miso is made from fermented soybeans, an excellent source of good bacteria – another gut loving food. In this recipe we used unpasteurised fermented whole soy paste with brown rice.
Another key nutritious ingredient is seaweed, we used seaweed spaghetti. Seaweed is known for its immune boosting properties and rich in minerals and vitamins (you can use any seaweed you can get your hands on – a good health food shop will stock).
This recipe simply bursts with immune boosting properties!
Lastly, you can totally experiment with the ingredients and just use what veggies you have at home – no rules, just play around! Oh and we love to add anything that’s leafy green for a further nutrient boost!
- 1 x tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 x leaks sliced
- 80g mushrooms (any kind) sliced
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 x red chili chopped
- 1 x garlic clove crushed
- 500ml chicken bone broth
- 2 x tablespoons of miso paste
- 1/2 – 2/3 of a cup of sea spaghetti
- 2 x radishes chopped
- Soba noodles – optional
- 50g of soy beans
- Seed mix for the top (roasted seeds – you can use any kind, we used pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseeds, sesame seeds and roasted buckwheat. Roast in the oven with coconut oil or dry roast on the hop)
- Rinse the sea spaghetti and soak in water for 10mins. One soaked rinse again until the salty taste has disappeared, and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil and add the leeks and cook for 2-3 mins until softened. And the mushrooms, ginger, chili and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the bone broth and miso paste and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the soybeans and soba noodles if using, cook for a further 3-5 minutes (time dependent on the soba noodle cooking instructions – refer to packet instructions).
- Add the spaghetti seaweed and cook for a further minute.
- If you want to add any green leafy veggies – simple wash, chop and stir in with the seaweed.
- Top with the radishes (and toasted seeds) and its ready to serve!
A big loving immune boosting hug in a bowl.
Bone Broth Tip: Make the broth in a slow cooker, really easy and can cook away while you’re sleeping!